Suggest remedy for acne

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what do i do to get rid of this by saturday? It kind of burns and it is the skin surrounding a pimple i popped a couple days ago. i feel like it probably got irritated from all the stuff I've been using to get rid of it.
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through your query and pictures.
At your agree, acne can be regarded as physiological and are best managed with facial hygiene and care.
I would have started you on topical medications like clindamycin gel in morning and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in night time.
I will advice you to avoid hair oil application and oily food in diet. Do not squeeze or touch the pimples. The time of resolution can not be told precisely.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ashwini Kolur 16 minutes later
but it doesn't even look like a pimple anymore, what do i do to get rid of this burn-like mark?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
take the treatment as suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
It has not healed yet, need some time. So it is appearing like that.
Kindly go for the treatment, it will reduce.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad