Suggest remedy for acid reflux and constipation in a person with hepatomegaly

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I was diagnosed with an enlarged liver. I have acid reflux, back pain from lower back,hips, shoulder blades, neck. I have pain in my abdomen and upper right liver area, bowel discomfort, diarrhea and constipation. I have pain in my chest and ribcage. I have itching all over and mouth sores,frequent urination. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol but use natural remedies rather than statins. Once or twice a day i get irritation in my throat which causes me to cough and sneeze severely. My stomach is extremely enlarged.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are you still on crestor?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully and curious to know if you are still on crestor or not as most of these symptoms may be explained by this drug.

Let me know before going on with the discussion and making more definitive calls and recommendations. Until then, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
No I got 90 pills in February2015 and have 2 remaining. I took them occasionally and the last one I took was in XXXXXXX I no longer take Crestor

I have self diagnosed I am gluten intolerant. So I am gluten free and lactose free. I take many vitamins and mineral supplements for the heart, liver, bones etc my father died at age 57 from coronary thrombosis

I also took Risperidone for 7 years from 2006-2013 for delusions I went to the hospital instead of the police. I had information of a serious crime that I was afraid to tell. Since 2000 I. Had been stressing about it so I moved house. Because I was in A bad mental state and the doctor did not take my story seriously He said Iwas delusional
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend that you see a rheumatologist!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this detail information.

I have reviewed the records fully and am concerned that you could be having a rheumatological disorder. I will recommend that you see a rheumatologist to get tested for autoimmune disorders of the muscles and soft tissue. With frequent urination, I will also like to see at least a test being done for diabetes to role out this possibility.

These symptoms are unlikely to be explained by the crestor seen how sparingly you have taken it. I will suggest that you discontinue this treatment and get your blood lipids controlled again. This way we will know exactly where we stand.

Nice to hear the risperidone has been discontinued.

I will recommend healthy diet, no smoking, minimal alcohol consumption, regular physical exercise and if you do have excess weight, try to put off some. These will all aid in your general and especially cardiovascular health.

Let me know what your immediate thoughts are.