Suggest remedy for acid reflex symptoms and bad breath after taking Meth

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: My boyfriend recently went on a meth binge shooting up large quantity. He had rusty color urine during using. He also has hep c. 2 days clean he has developed acid reflex symptoms and this breath smells badly of ammonia
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend you continue with this medication alone!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your boyfriend is experiencing. If possible, may he really keep away from meth.

If his mental state is okay, I will suggest you continue with the anti reflux medications only. My preferred is omeprazole and hope that is what you got. Meth will soon be cleansed out of the body and all will return to normal. Please, tell him that Hep C has made his liver weak and taking drugs only makes this worse and I strongly recommend that he keep away from this.

For now, fruits, fluids and vegetables is the best way to go. Drinking milk will also help relief the acid symptoms.

I hope this helps. I wish him well. Thanks for using our services and Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Keep me updated and posted!