Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for abnormal sperm morphology

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3779 Questions

default
Posted on Wed, 18 Nov 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Whats the best tratment for round head sperm. My sperm is almost all round head. We did one time ICSI with 12 eggs. None fertilized. Can it be possible to hve baby?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not possible to improve

Detailed Answer:
Hello,

Thanks for your query.

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about round head sperms.

Following is my reply:

1) If you have all round sperms and not even single healthy normal sperm, it is difficult to conceive.

2) Since your ICSI had fertilization failure, it is not possible to conceive with your sperms.

3) Unfortunately this condition cannot be improved and there is no medicines to cure this.

4) I suggest you go ahead with donor sperms for next treatment.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Dr. Mahesh koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Dear doctor, my Abnormal heads 99% Round head 95%. sperm concentration was 146 and 9% total motility.
doctor
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try with normal sperms after discussing with embryologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

If 95% Sperms are round headed, ask embryologist she that can they find any normal sperm in remaining 5% sperm ?

If yes you can try with those sperms for ICSI.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Infertility

doctor1 MD

hi, I want to know the side effects of AKT 4 tablet. Two for the past one week i have foot pain and sweeling also and my doctor advised me to take...

doctor1 MD

I am on Lisinopril. I was just wondering if it can cause infertility. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for six months now and still...

doctor1 MD

Hi! I have been married for 5 and a half years, but still not able to concieve. 2 years back I had a D & C to remove a polyp due to which I had...

doctor1 MD

Hii Sir..i have a problem when i had intercourse with my wife after dat when my wife went for pee she saw some blood drops coming out with my semen...

doctor1 MD

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen...