Suggest remedy for abnormal sperm morphology

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 18 Nov 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Whats the best tratment for round head sperm. My sperm is almost all round head. We did one time ICSI with 12 eggs. None fertilized. Can it be possible to hve baby?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not possible to improve

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about round head sperms.

Following is my reply:

1) If you have all round sperms and not even single healthy normal sperm, it is difficult to conceive.

2) Since your ICSI had fertilization failure, it is not possible to conceive with your sperms.

3) Unfortunately this condition cannot be improved and there is no medicines to cure this.

4) I suggest you go ahead with donor sperms for next treatment.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Mahesh koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Dear doctor, my Abnormal heads 99% Round head 95%. sperm concentration was 146 and 9% total motility.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try with normal sperms after discussing with embryologist

Detailed Answer:

If 95% Sperms are round headed, ask embryologist she that can they find any normal sperm in remaining 5% sperm ?

If yes you can try with those sperms for ICSI.