Suggest remedy for abdominal pain in a high BP patient caused by Lisinopril

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: 65 female had blood pressure mid to high 140s over high 80s sometime low 90. Now on 4th day of lisinopril. Blood pressure is 106/60 up to 117/70. Is this too low too quickly? Also have flushing and stomachs ache. Will this subside?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need urgent medical attention.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You have hypertension and you start lisinopril. Your blood pressure is too low in very quick time. Moreover you have flushing and abdominal pain. Abdominal pain with lisinopril may be due to angioedema or other side effect. You should consult your doctor and need to change the dosage or drug. Don't wait for symptoms to subside. Just consult your doctor and take further decision accordingly.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.