Suggest remedy for Vitamin D deficiency

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I had blog tests done recently and below are some abnormal counts
Vitamin D 4.74
SGPT 12.96
Eosinophils 7.4
RDW-SD 46.9
PLCR 19.6

Please let me know if there is anything serious and what should I take care.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficency needs to be corrected.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
Welcome to Health Care Magic,

I have gone through all the reports that you sent from which there is vitamin D deficiency which is significant.It needs to be corrected.

You can take vitamin D3 cholecalciferol (Uprise D3 sachets) in sachets or tablet forms 60,000 IU once weekly which will be available over the counter.

The major cause of vitamin D deficiency is lack of proper sun exposure.So,apart from medical treatment, you should have adequate sun light exposure preferably in morning hours around 8 AM for minimum 10 to 15 minutes daily.

RDW-SD and PLCR values are marginally altered which do NOT have clinical significance.

Mildly raised Eosinophil counts (7.6 here) might be indicative of some allergy (like some skin allergy,even cough or sneezing) or in cases of some parasitic infestations which can also lead to raised Eosinophil.

Here,in case of your case, it could be due to some allergic (since all other hemogram are normal), so you have received slightly elevated Eosinophil count but there is no need to be worried.

There is NOTHING serious here.

Vitamin B12 and SGPT are within normal limits.

Hope this will help you.Let me know if you need more help.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.

Let me know if I can help you more or if you do not have any more questions,then please close the discussion with feed back ratings.

Dr.Sandip