Suggest remedy for Lorazepam addiction

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: i have been taking lorazepam .5 two times a day for two years. not working anymore
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
most probably dependency

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. It is a benzodiazepine and an important side effect is dependency. If an individual takes for a longer time then body gets immune to that particular medicine and as a result medicine does not show desirable results. Treatment option is to use the alternative for that particular medicine like in your case could be alprazolam, oxazepam, etc. i would suggest you to visit your treating doctor and discuss to change it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!