Suggest remedy for ADHD and severe anxiety

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: My mind is never calm.
My attention span is not more than a minute
Anxiety troubles me
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
relaxation exercises, drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.

Your anxiety is the main reason that your mind is not calm and attention span is poor.

Since when are you facing this problem?
Does this affect your daily life?
Are you able to spot the reasons of your anxiety?
How have you tried to handle it?

In my opinion, relaxation exercises like deep breathing and meditation should help.
Also, psychological treatment like biofeedback therapy helps to relieve anxiety.

If the psychological treatment does not work, drugs like escitalopram or sertraline (prescription drugs) will help you to deal with anxiety and keep mind relaxed.

Kindly consult a psychiatrist for this.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 7 hours later
Hi Dr.
Thank uou for looking into my concern.
Its about a year now.

How do i do relaxation exercises? As of now, i am d
o
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
deep breathing and mindfulness meditation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
You are most welcome.

One year is a long time.

I am posting a link where you can get the information about relaxation techniques in detail:

http://www.yyyyyyyy/yyyyyyy/yyyy/yyyyyy-yyyyyyyy-for-yyyyy-yyyyyy.htm

I would recommend mindfulness meditation, deep breathing meditation and progressive muscle relaxation for you.

If the anxiety is still there, you should consider drug treatment after consulting a psychiatrist.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 2 hours later
Ok let me first try. Thank you
Brief Answer:
hope this works for you.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.

I hope this works for you.