Suggest remedies when food accidentally goes down the wrong pipe
If you truly think it went down your airway (trachea) instead of your esophagus, and you are having trouble with breathing, go immediately to the ER. If choking, have someone do Heimlich maneuver.
It is possible that it did go down the esophagus but the esophagus is having a spasm, which will cause pain and a "stuck" feeling.
As I can't tell as I can't see you and feel there isn't time to ask you questions, please go to the ER.
I hope you are doing better soon!
Oh I am sorry that you aspirated one of your pills. I imagine your doctor gave you an antibiotic for the infection and that the pill has dissolved or been absorbed. But if there is still evidence of a foreign body in your airway, you will need a bronshoscopy which is where a pulmonary doctor puts a tube with a camera into your bronchi (while you are sedated). Then he/she can see what is going on in there and remove any foreign material. But again, it may be gone by now. I advise discussing this with your doctor though.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food going down wrong pipe
- Remedies for food going down wrong pipe
- If birth control goes down wrong pipe
- Pill goes down wrong pipe
- What to do when food goes down the wrong pipe
- Food down wrong pipe pain
- Swallowing food down wrong pipe
- Food down the wrong pipe
- Saliva sometimes goes down wrong pipe
- Accidental food down air pipe