Suggest remedies to treat burning sensation above the navel

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 in Ayurveda
Question: My Father is having I have a burning sensation on side and above belly button(umbilicus) from past 4 days wanted to check the reason and remedies for the same.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further necessary action

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting with your father's health concern and after reviewing the attached medical history and his Age, I'm of the following opinion:

1. Apolipoproteins are involved in the metabolism of lipids, but as lipid profile is deranged thus it implies that he is at greater risk for cardiovascular disease, as such consultation with a Cardiologist for further invasive procedures may be sought.

2. eGFR is slightly low but can be attributed towards his Age [when kidney functions decline], however, it might help your doctor to know the kidney stage [if any] and help treatment plan accordingly.

3. TSH is raised three times the value: so it could be due to an underactive thyroid [hypothyroidism] or secondary to some disease

4. Blood picture points toward associated anemia.

5. since the pain is from the last 4 days, so seek urgent medical attention [piece of mind], since sometimes there may be an underlying medical condition/situation which needs appropriate treatment.

PS. It may vary from health problem to side effects of medications, but with the symptoms described as " burning pain" I would initially exclude appendicitis, pancreatitis, ulcer and later thought of indigestion, UTI as cause of the same, so check with a general surgeon for relevant examination and investigations and only thereafter specific management/remedy can be started.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 18 minutes later
Thanks for looking in to reports and providing the input.Will Consult General Physician as mentioned by you.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looking forward

Detailed Answer:

1. I'll be waiting to address your future concerns and hoping everything comes alright and managed accordingly.

Take Care!
Dr. Munish Sood,
Ayurveda Specialist