Suggest remedies to reduce stress
Relaxation techniques will be helpful
Thanks for your query at HealthcareMagic.
It seems that you are dealing with some stress and find difficulty in sleeping. Let me know if you are taking any medicine or have any health condition. Usually 6-8 hrs of sleep is enough.
It is suggested to try some relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation (similar to yog nidra in yoga) and breathing techniques (similar to XXXXXXX in Yoga). These can be done one to two times a day. Military people usually do it early morning. Stress is there is everyone's life. Sometimes a point in life comes when it starts affecting health. Sleep is usually affected first.
Since inability to sleep may precipitate stress and become a vicious circle, sleep hygiene is also needed. I will provide you some tips:
1) Get into a routine with your sleep times. Get up at the same time each morning, even if you have not had a good night's sleep. Don't sleep during the day, and don't go to bed early to try and get more sleep.
2) Take some physical exercise during the day. This helps to make your body more tired in the evening and makes it easier to get to sleep. Exercise is good for you physically, and there's also research that suggests that exercise can itself be antidepressant. Brisk walk can be taken around 4-6 hrs before sleep time.
3) Avoid watching disturbing or violent films prior to bedtime.
4) Avoid drinking caffeine (tea, coffee, cola) in the evening after 6 pm. Caffeine is a stimulant and can prevent sleep. Drink no more than four cups of tea, or of coffee, or cans of cola in a day. Drink warm milk or milky drinks such as Horlicks in the evening as milky drinks have been shown to be as good as sleeping tablets for many people.
5) Avoid alcohol in the evening. While alcohol is sedative, it does not lead to normal restful sleep. In addition, alcohol causes one to pass increasing amounts of urine, which further disrupts sleep.
6) You should associate your room with sleep: avoid having a TV or radio in your bedroom. If you do have them in your bedroom, turn them off at least half an hour before you lie down to sleep.
7) Your bedroom should be warm and familiar with a comfortable bed and duvet, etc. Ideally, the room should be decorated in a relaxing way. This all helps in associating the room in your mind with restful sleep.
8) Use aromatic oils in the bath or on your pillow, such as lavender, which can help relaxation.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reducing stress wearing diapers
- Reducing stress in the workplace
- How to reduce stress nausea
- 10 steps to reduce stress
- Suggest simple way to reduce anxiety and stress
- How to reduce stress in life
- Funny tips for reducing stress
- Please suggest ways to reduce stress
- Eating ice reduce stress
- How to naturally reduce stress
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...