Suggest remedies to quit smoking

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: age 53 hight 5.7 weight-77
last 25 years using tobacco he wnt to live..wht to take n where it will get detail me
asthama havs blood pressure sugar all dis fr 10yrs
medicine is going and all in control
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a gradual process

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

That's great if one is thinking to leave smoking , it is never late to leave this bad habit.

Here is what you can do.

1) Reduce number of cigarettes gradually like if you take 10 per day try taking 8 per day for 2..3 weeks then 7 per day for enxt 2 weeks then 6 per day and keep reducing the amount of daily use...
2) If it's hard you can intermix normal cigarettes with e-cigarettes which have nicotine but doesnt have other tobacco side effects.
3) Nicotine patches help too.
4) All it needs is determination and consistency it will be a 3..4 month long process but if you stay determined you will do it.
5) Read material against cigarette it will motivate you.
6) Join a group of people which are trying to leave it this will help you keep motivated as well.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.