• question-icon

Suggest remedies to induce early menstruation

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi I m getting married on 22april and I want to prepone my periods as ny expected period date is 20april I want to get over my periods almost a week before 22 April please suggest me some tablet for the same n the proper dosage with time duration
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Taking Norethisterone (Regesterone) is helpful for this.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Taking Norethsterone (Regesterone) will be helpful to postpone the periods. This should be started at least 3 to 4 days before the onset of your normal period date. It should be continued till the date you don't want a period, You are most likely to get a period within 3 days after stopping this drug. I usually give lowest dosage like 5mg thrice daily for this. You can ask your GP for prescription of this.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 5 hours later
Thank you Dr. But is it possible to prepone my periods and is it safe to do that is there any medicine to prepone periods

Thank u Dr. For ur help.. Hopefully beside irregular periods is there any other side effects.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can prepone it also.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

Yes you can prepone it also. You can take same drug for 3 to 4 days and stop. Then you are most likely to get a period within 3 days after stopping this drug. But better to postpone it. Problems arise due to preponing or post poning periods is there can be one or two irregular periods after this. But not must that you should get like that.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As you are not taking it regularly there won't be.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

This is a hormonal drug progesterone. As you are taking for a short duration there won't be any other side effects. Only if take it regularly can have side effects like hypertension, constipation, restlessness etc.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN