Suggest remedies to control cholesterol level

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Please advice the Best for control of the Cholesterol Level.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A good Diet and work out schedule will help

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

I understand your concern for your health and would like to advice you few basic things to keep your cholesterol levels under control.

1. Start daily brisk morning walks for 45 min a day for 5 days a week.
2. Keep yourself Stress and tension free, YOGA/ MEDITATION will help in this a lot.
3. Stop Smoking completely (IF you do), and excessive coffee intake.
4. Include good amount of green vegetables, oats, fresh fruits in your daily diet plan.
5. Avoid Junk and canned food as well as deep fried food items.
6. Cut down on the intake of table sugar.
7. Most importantly stay happy

Follow this schedule strictly for 3 months and you will feel a lot better in yourself. You can also get your lipid profile checked after 3 months.

I think i have answered your question. If you still have any doubt you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Is there any medication required for this point of time..
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not As of now

Detailed Answer:
Hello Again

I have gone through the reports attached by you and its advisable to follow lifestyle modifications which i have mentioned earlier strictly for 3 months and then repeat the lipid profile.
Hopefully they will be under control after 3 months. Till then no medications are required as the levels are just borderline high.
If you have any other query then you can ask or else kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng