Suggest remedies for withdrawal symptoms of Vyvanse

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I take vyvanse 40 and then 20 mg I have new Dr and she dont want prescribe to me and I take this medicine one year and have help me to focus make my stuff driving because I have hashimoto and feel tired and help me feel good I take free on base but I cant found appoinment sooner I dont have vyvanse I i need to wait to see a PCM april 27
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can request her explaining your condition or...

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns about the usefulness of vyansase for you and likely problem on discontinuation.

I also understand it is difficult to manage without Vyanase for such long time so it will be better if you can convince your doctor that you need it for right purpose and not abusing it. Before you get appointment on 27th it is difficult to procure without her consent.

In case she remains adamant you can request for modafilnil or armodafinil to manage in between before you get required prescription. These two medicines are equally effective in maintaining concentration and attention and fortunately devoid of addictive potential which comes with Vyanase. It is possible that any doctor can fulfill the request to refill for these molecules as psychiatrist criteria is not applicable for prescription of modafinil and armodafinil.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
you can prescribe provigil for a week To tried found psyquiatric
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to visit a local doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Since this is online portal and we can advice about what is right medicine for you but there is no scope for prescribing.

I like to make it clear that online prescription is illegal and against medical ethics. Considering these two regulations I do not think anybody can issue online prescriptions. It will be appropriate if you can visit a local doctor for getting prescription of provigil, You do not need to visit a psychiatrist for this and any medical graduate can prescribe after taking due history and performing physical examination.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee