Suggest remedies for whooping cough and chest congestion in a child
Possibility of acute bronchitis is more.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Chronic cough with chest congestion are seen in acute bronchitis.
Most common cause for this is viral upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) and allergy.
So better to give him
1. Antibiotic (amoxicillin).
2. Antihistamine (levocetrizine) and anti allergic (montelukast).
3. Inhaled bronchodilators (Levolin) and inhaled corticosteroid (budesonide or fluticasone).
4. Anti inflammatory drug like paracetamol.
Since all these are prescribed medicines, you need to consult pediatrician for this.
So consult pediatrician and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your son. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whooping cough esophageal spasms
- Whooping cough symptoms earache
- Whooping cough and sore ears
- Whooping cough chest pain
- Whooping cough esr
- Minocycline for whooping cough
- Whooping cough earache
- Child with whooping cough what is the treatment
- Child with running nose mild fever and whooping cough suggestion
- Whooping cough and lymph nodes