Suggest remedies for vomiting and diarrhea

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 15 Apr 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My 28 year old son appears to have an intestinal flu. He has vomiting and diarrhea. Is there something over the counter I can give him to stop the vomiting and can I give him a sip of water or ginger ale.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Peptobismol and kaopectate

Detailed Answer:

Sips of water should be fine. Do not give ginger ale it may irritate the stomach further.
I would suggest to give Peptobismol to neutralize the acid and it has calcium and magnesium which can control diarrhoea. If you have immodium you can give it if the diarrhoea is more than 3 episodes.

Let me know other questions.