Suggest remedies for vitiligo

Posted on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have recently started signs of vitiligo, caused probably by my ineffective immune system. I've had rheumatoid arthritis for several years and Humira has helped for the past 8-10 years. The vitiligo just started a couple mos. ago on my hands and lower arms and my dermatologist advised it was probably related to my autoimmune system. Last night after trimming some weeds I noticed a large red spot, obviously veins bursting as in someone on blood thinners (I'm not). This is scary, any ideas? I have a photo but forgot to attach.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is ecchymosis, no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and you have developed ecchymosis.
It is commonly seen in elderly following some minor trauma due to thin skin and sometimes it occurs without any precipitating factor.
It will resolve on its own in 7-10 days.
No need to worry about it as it will disappear.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist