Suggest remedies for vitiligo in a child

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My grandson is 9 yrs old. He has sensitive skin. He has developed white spots on his chest and arms. It looks like Vitiligo. He has very fair skin. His mother note he has been wearing synthetic XXXXXXX and sweating so she thought maybe it was a type of "jock rash". I was trying to send a photo but having no luck. Concerned grandma
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitiligo

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like vitiligo.
I treat such cases with topical steroid cream like fluticasone to be applied in morning and ointment tacrolimus 0.03% to be applied in night.
This combination works well and is safe.
These drugs might require prescription.
Please meet a doctor and get these prescribed.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar