Suggest remedies for vitamin B2 deficiency
My Mom has been told she has a B2 deficiency. She ia allergic to cow's milk and very little grains. She started a powdered multivitamin a few weeks ago but I was thinking a higher dose was needed. I also wondered about injectable B2? This is a follow up to my earlier question.
Replacing orally will be sufficient but a course of B complex can be done
Hi! Welcome again and thanks for the feedback.
Like we had discussed earlier about the possible defficiencies and though it's good that we found one so that we can safely replace it and get safer from the possible implications.
In current scenario though oral replacement will be sufficient but still if injectable replacement can be started with B Complex injectable solutions both intravenous and intramuscular.
The B2 alone injections are rarely available and mostly replaced as a whole partly because deficiency alone is rare and partly since vitamin B and it's all types are water soluble and their excess rarely stays for long in body to cause side effects of over correction or over replacement.
Meanwhile the products which she is allergic to, can be avoided as these can further trigger the indigestion and stomach issues leading to lose motions or vomiting leading to more defficiencies.
Wishing her a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin b2 400 mg
- Suggested vitamin intake for women
- Stiff neck remedies for vitamins
- Symptoms of Vitamin B2 deficiency
- Vitamin B2 deficiency causes
- Sources of vitamin b 2
- Spermatokele herbal remedy vitamin
- Drugs/medication for Vitamin B2 deficiency
- Treatment and cure for Vitamin B2 deficiency
- Diagnosis of Vitamin B2 deficiency
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?