Suggest remedies for ulcers

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi, my age is 27, i have a ulcer promblem from childhood, i came to know about this problem at age 22. earlier this problem will happen 4 to 5 times a year, but after came to know about this problem from doctor after endoscopy and using medicine for 3 weeks this problem is not happen till 1 and half year.

first this problem start with cold and fever, then continues vomiting will start for every 20min gap and i am unable to take medicine. after one or two days once i get relief i will take zofar and nexpro rd 20 then it will stop.
please advise proper medical treatment for this problem. and also diet for ulcer. i am in saudi arabia and i am unable to consult doctors please provide proper medicines and treatment to resolve this problem completly.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Here is what you do.

Detailed Answer:
Assalam.o.alaikum

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

To cure this problem quickly here is what I would suggest you to do.
1) Avoid dizzy drinks, energy drinks, coffee..caffeine...tea...junk food..spicy food...cigarette..alcohol (what ever is relevant).
2) Drink fluids as much as you can.
3) Use fruits vegetables and fish .
4) Use high fibre food.
5) Take small 4..5 meals in a day instead of 3 heavy meals.
6) Avoid sleeping after dinner ..take dinner about 2 hours before you sleep and alos take 15..20 monutes walk after dinner.
7) Control you weight dont let yiurself be overweight.
8) You can use syrup gaviscon for immediate relief in any problem.
9) I would also suggest such patients of mine to use Imeprazole 40mg daily and a prokinetic like itopride.

There is nothing to panic this problem can be controlled easily.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 28 hours later
Walekum As Salam Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Thanks for your suggestion it help me allot, now i know where i am wrong.

actually i was in saudi arabia and my daily routine for food is

morning 2 egg sandwiches with ketchup.
afternoon grilled chicken or boasted chicken,
in evening i usually eat fast food, and XXXXXXX spicy curry with rice.
also i dont smoke and i dont take alcohol or drinks. but i have a habit to take tea after food. should i stop tea?

also i notice from my childhood when ever i carry heavy weight this problem will start. and i get cough, also the continues vomiting and at the end i get blood in vomiting due to no food or water in stomach. i will get lot of pain that time.

now i will follow the diet plan as per your advise.

please let me know the medicine which you advise the syrup and capsule should i take daily or only when i feel ill. or if continue to take this medicine from now how many days should i take.

syrup gaviscon - after food or before food. how many times in a day.
Imeprazole 40mg, prokinetic like itopride - shall i take this two tablets. also advise should i take before food or after, one time a day or twice.

also any tablet for vomiting for immediate relief.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here is few things for your info.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back, For your information I will mention that Gaviscon can be taken before meal 1 table spoon...omeprazole is usually taken half hour before breakfast and itopride is usually taken twice a day before meals...This you can discuss with doctor .

I would suggest you to decrease tea cups as few as you can... and comppetely avoid coke pespsi sprite and all other fizzy frinks

Regards.

Dr.Ahmad