Suggest remedies for tonsillitis

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Dear Sir,
Myself XXXX from XXXXXXX I am suffering from Tonsillitis from the last 1year.I have taken several antibiotics to get rid from it.In the meantime, My glands started swalling but got recoverd after antibiotics. Now, In addition to this, these days i feel something in mouth touches with my tongue.It is a thing which gets dissolve automatically in mouth and arises when i eat spicy food. I showed the same to Local doctor and he said it is some caudal dislocation.I sneezes also on regular bases.I am attaching his prescription with the query.
Kindly let me know whether I should get any further investigation done on this.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details as described below :

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The attached prescription mentions 4 conditions :
a. A caudal dislocation
b. Allergic Rhinitis
c. Tonsillopharyngitis
d. Buccal swelling

2. A caudal dislocation is normally seen with a Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS). It needs treatment only if symptomatic. If the DNS is causing recurrent colds, sinusitis and a Post Nasal Drip (PND), it may lead to recurrent sore throat.

3. Allergic Rhinitis is the cause of your excessive sneezing. It can be controlled by medication which includes anti allergy tablets, steroid nasal sprays and steam inhalation.

4. Tonsillopharyngitis respond to sustained medication. Tonsillectomy is rarely required now a days. Treatment to help increase immunity will help.

5. Upload a closeup image of the swelling in the mouth. This is the buccal swelling mentioned.

6. Each of these conditions requires a separate treatment. Together, these treatments should cure your problems.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.