question-icon

Suggest remedies for tonsillar cyst

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: Could this be an oral wart near my tonsil? Recently on long flight and cold recently as well. History of genital hpv.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Most probably it is not the oral wart

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I have gone through your question and image; it suggests that most probably you may
be suffering from the tonsillar cyst.
Sometimes it will clear up on their own without any treatment.
If they persist for more than a month, then you may go for conservative management.
If tonsil cysts remain even after the conservative management has been tried, surgical
removal may be required.

Most probably it is not the oral wart.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist