question-icon

Suggest remedies for throbbing knee pain

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2018
Question: I have severe back of the knee pain. It is in the back bend. The pain is throbbing and there is no position that elevates this pain. My whole leg has started to swell in the last couple of hours.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to arthritis.

Detailed Answer:

A severe knee pain with swelling of the leg can be due to arthritis, bursitis or DVT. Proper diagnosis needs a direct examination and few investigations like X-ray and color Doppler of the leg. Till then mild pain killers, rest hot compress, application of local analgesic gel and a knee brace can help.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon