Suggest remedies for tenderness on collarbones

Posted on Fri, 5 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: This is really embarassing for me to talk about, but my boyfriend and I were having sex last night and he started to choke me during it. He did it a little too hard and now my collarbones are really sore. I dont know if i should see a doctor, or just wait out the pain for a few days. It doesnt hurt to raise my arms, but when i touch my collarbones, they are super tender. We never do this during sex, so im really worried.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be soft tissue injury

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Going by description of your symptoms its likely to be soft tissue injury you could have suffered due to violence. Such nature of injury is unlikely to result in any fracture of collar bone . As you are able to raise the arm , it is very reassuring indeed.
I would suggest you the following which will be very helpful in relieving pain

1. Hot water fomentation : Clean cloth soaked in hot water and applied intermittently locally or use hot water bag , it will help in relieving pain

2. Analgesic like Ibuprofen will help relieve pain

3. Adequate rest

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
How long do you think it will take to heal?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical photograph required

Detailed Answer:
dear Madam

it may take 2-4 days for healing. Exact assessment is possible after clinical examination . Do send me clinical photograph for further assessment.

Take Care

Best regards
Shobha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. T Shobha Deepak