question-icon

Suggest remedies for swollen neck glands in a child

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: my 11 year old grand daughter has a slighgtly swollen gland in her neck.temperature is 29.what action is needed please
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns. I guess the temperature measured was 39 instead of 29. The condition is most likely due to tonsillopharyngitis. I would recommend you to check her for streptococcus infection by throat swab culture.

Start her on antihistamine such as Chlorpheniramine or fexofenadine along with antipyretics such as Crocin or paracetamol. This will help in symptomatic relief. Antibiotics such as Penicillin or Amoxycillin may be started for streptococcus infection. Warm saline gargles will be helpful.

You may upload the report for my reference so that I may help you in the best possible way.

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician