Suggest remedies for swollen legs with the history of DVT
Please visit the ER urgently and inform doctors about your history of clots
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Since you give a history of blood clots in your right leg for 4 to 5 years, I guess you have a long history of deep venous thrombosis in right leg.
2. Deep venous thrombosis requires close follow up with your doctor and recommended treatment which I think is being observed in your case.
3. Deep venous thrombosis needs to be looked for in any patient with old history of the condition, especially when when there is swelling of the leg which is progressing over days
4. Swelling of limbs can mean that clots have started to form in your leg veins again and this is a emergency condition. You should see a doctor in the ER urgently and they will put you through tests to look for clots in your right leg. Investigations like Doppler ultrasound and CT scan venography will show any clots in your right leg veins. The will also do blood tests to know the clotting tendency in the blood.
5. If you have any breathing difficulty or chest pain then please inform your doctor because it might indicate pulmonary embolism and requires more detailed investigation like D dimer and CT scan to look for clots in the pulmonary arteries.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trying to conceive history of dvt
- Is swollen and painful calf symptom of dvt
- Feeling lousy low bp nauseous red swollen leg dvt
- Swelling and soreness in the leg history of dvt suggestions
- Post dvt rash on leg
- History taking of dvt
- Hcg and history of dvt
- Dvt and leg pain
- Dvt pulsing in leg
- Leg calf pain dvt