Suggest remedies for swollen leg post an injury

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: i have littlebit swelling in leg due to injury.Please advice something
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Leg elevation and anti-inflammatory will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

As you have mentioned the swelling is less , there does not appear to be cause for concern if the following criteria are meet

1. There is no much difficulty in walking

2. There is no defect in skin

3. There is no much pain on pressing the affected area

I would suggest you the following

1. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug Like Ibuprofen will be very helpful

2. Keep the leg elevated while sleeping by placing it over 2 pillows, elevation and rest will reduce the swelling

3. Application of hot water fomentation either by hot water bag or cloth soaked in hot water bag : It will help in reducing inflammatory swelling

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance ,w ill be glad to assist you

best regards
Dr Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad