Suggest remedies for swollen and painful toe post an injury
Went to the ER for an x-ray and they said they saw no sign of fractures and sent me on my way with nothing in regards to what could be wrong or how to help it heal.
What could be wrong and where should I go from here?
Could be Causalgia. Needs limb elevation, ice, medication
It could be Causalgia or sympathetic nervous system overactivity.
You must apply ice, keep the limb elevated, avoid weight bearing on that region. Take Vitamin C supplements and eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated.
You can take Antibiotic if you have fever. Take Anti inflammatory like Tablet Diclofenac 75mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Do get tested for Diabetes as these symptoms are common in Diabetes.
This should subside in 7 to 10 days.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning in ankle and foot pain in toes no injury
- Dark toes pain in the small toe no injury
- Swollen knuckle with no pain no injury what is it
- Bruised painful toe after an injury what to do
- Leg injury painful swollen toe numbness is it broken
- Toe injury pain bruising cold tingling home remedy
- Does a swollen toe nail require medical attention post injury
- Middle toe injury and pain
- Toe injury pain popping grinding noise worried
- Big toe injury swollen bruised cuticle