Suggest remedies for swollen and enlarged uvula
Get specific treatment from an ENT specialist.
Thanks for the query.
I have read & understood your concern.
Uvula is a projection of soft palate . & it hangs at back of throat ... It has connective tissue rich blood supply .. so it is prone to get swollen when throat / oral cavity is affected due to infection / Trauma/ allergy.
* The exact cause of the swelling of uvula can be spotted by local examination/ examination of throat, oral cavity by an expert. few investigations like blood counts, culture & sensitivity tests & sometimes X ray help in diagnosis. You need consultation of an ENT specialist for all these procedures.
* Management consists of specific antibiotic/ anti allergic or steroids as per need. Few non responding / severe patients may need surgical removal .
* home care-
- Maintaining good oral hygiene,
- Hot saline gargles/ chewing ice/ ginger, turmeric, honey have supportive role in alleviating symptoms.
Thus proper evaluation of the condition by ENT specialist followed by specific treatment along with self care would help you get cure of the swollen uvula.
I feel the answer would provide you necessary information & help in solving the problem. any follow up query is welcome.
I request for grading the answer .. before you close it ... if you find the answer guiding.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen uvula with red dots
- Have swollen palatoglossal arch and uvula suggest
- Swollen uvula during fasting
- Swollen uvula remedies
- Uvula swollen
- Clarithromycin swollen uvula
- Swollen uvula anabolic steroids
- Swollen uvula swollen tongue
- Swollen uvula with cipralex
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for swollen uvula and dry mouth