Owl Image

Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails

Owl Image
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Question
hi, a heavy metal object fill on my finger unfortunately. its bones don't hurt so i know i didn't break my finger. but around my nail and a bit under my nail is red/purplish color. area below my finger tip tip is all swollen and bruised and purple color and big! thats my major concern and it hurts a lot. i don't know what to do exactly. i held ice a bit on it but I'm sure from the look of it there is lots of blood gathered in that area under my skin! what should i do for that to go down or will it disappear on its own?
Also, some acetone at work got into my right eye. i don't know what to do about that either. i tried to do some washing with water for couple minutes. it was red and I've used a redness reliever eye drop. now its not as red but my eye hurts! :(
i appreciate it if a health provider could help me about these two terrible incident that happened to me at work today. thank you.
Fri, 1 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload images of the affected area

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam

I can certainly understand your concern and have worked through your attached query in detail.

I can guide you through in a better way if you can upload images of the affected area for a thorough understanding of your health condition.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails 18 hours later
I've uploaded new report or I better say images as u requested. Hope to hear back from u soon. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contusion of nail bed

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,

I have worked through your attached Images in detail.

This is a contusion injury.

It's advisable to consider few medications for improvement of your symptoms.

I generally prescribe oral medication of Diclofenac sodium plus Serratio peptidase for adequate pain relief and resolution of swelling. Additionally I prescribe Thromphobe ointment to ease the discoloration to my patients with such symptoms.

Eye symptoms should be carefully assessed by expert Opthalmologist in person.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you