Suggest remedies for swelling and numbness in the legs and tenderness in the abdomen

Question
Have edema I believe is menopausal related with leg swelling. But today, legs numb with tender abdomen. New insurance begins 1/1/2018. Can this wait until then? Anything else I can do?
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Before giving my opinion regarding your swelling and leg and abdominal pain, I would like to ask you some questions?
Are you suffering with diabetes, high blood pressure,anaemia( low haemoglobin) or any other disease.
Where is abdominal pain?
Associated with any other symptoms?
Numbness in both leg?
Any difficulty in urination?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for swelling and numbness in the legs and tenderness in the abdomen 26 minutes later
I do not have any other diseases. Abdominal pain is mostly tenderness moves from right to left side - possibly fluid related. Numbness is in both legs. No other symptoms. My period stopped about 5 months ago. Have had periodic swelling since in ankles, knees - mostly around time period would have started. This month my ankles swelled, then knees, then into legs and hasn't gone away - seems menopausal related. I have had ovarian cysts before, but that was 15 years ago.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have you done any blood and urine test.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the information.
Have you done any bood test to rule out anemia,vitamin b12 and d3 deficiency.
Because mild numbness could be due to vitamin b12 and d3 deficiency.
You can take supplement for the same.
If you are not having any other symptoms, odema can be explained due to menopause also.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.