question-icon

Suggest remedies for sudden and severe itching on the torso skin

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: i woke up because of sudden severe itching of the torso skin
The skin is pink in the area under breasts all the way down the hips all around except back
What could it be and how to reduce this itching?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be urticaria, take antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it is looking like urticaria.
It usually occurs as an allergic reaction to any infection in the body, drugs or food items.
I usually treat it with antihistaminics like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for 4-5 days. This usually resolves it.
In case it doesn't settle or recurs you need to consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated to find the cause of urticaria.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist