Suggest remedies for stomach ulcer

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hello Doctor, Hope you are doing well, kindly advise how to control stomach ulcer, please advise diet and medicines. thanks.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid alcohol, smoking, spicy food and capsule omeprazole

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
Welcome.
I would like to know what symptoms you have?
Have you undergone any investigation to confirm this?

Certain lifestyle changes can also help prevent ulcers from forming. Limiting alcohol consumption, avoiding tobacco ( smoking) products, and properly managing stress can all contribute to a healthy stomach lining.
Do not starve, eat small frequent meals, avoid oily and spicy food. Add more fibres to your diet, restrict taking meat. Avoid carbonated beverages, coffee and tea.

Medicines -- Capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily half an before food for 15 days.
If this measures doesn't help then we have to rule out H pylori infection.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 16 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your response,

i have this problem from childhood, as per doctor advise i have done endoscopy and i came to know i have stomach ulcer. there is pimples in stomach which cause continuous vomiting and pain. after one day due to no food i get get blood in vomiting.

i don't drink alcohol and cool drinks, also i don't smoke. but still this problem happen every 6 months. and if i lift some heavy items this problem start.

i dunno where i am wrong and why it is happening again and again. is it any solution to stop this problem completely or it is long term problem which we are unable to control please advise. i want relief from this plain.

also i am slim because of this problem. and i eat only home food.

your advise is required to completely recover from this problem.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
H pylori infection needs to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Welcome.

Kindly follow the measures suggested in the earlier post. It should be beneficial.
As mentioned earlier we have to rule out H pylori infection.
Was any test for h pylori done in the past?
Was a biopsy taken during endoscopy?
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj