Suggest remedies for stomach bloating

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello Doctor,

Greetings,

How can I avoid my stomach bloating? I am unable to identify what things/foods cause it.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Since how many days are you having this symptom?
Are you a diabetic?
Are you any medications?
Any tests done so far?
Are your bowel movements good?
Do you belch more?
Do you have increased flatulence?

Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 57 minutes later
Hello Doc,
I am not diabetic, not taking any medications, endoscopy was done not now but 2.5 years ago, no belch, bowel movements are time good and sometimes not, I feel flatulence increased.

Doctor this problem is since from 2.5 years ago. My college was in Kurukshetra, In 3rd year, I joined weekend coaching in XXXXXXX approx. 150 km from Kurukshetra. Due to my time table, travelling, unavailability of good food at coaching place, I used to lunch only at weekends in coaching for 7-8 months.

This caused my stomach very acidic. caused chest pain due to acidity. Stomach bloating. No other symptom, ECG was good.

After that because of Exercise, food control, Acidity was controlled.

But no in corporate life, Due to day-night shifts problem started again. Time of taking foods are not constant.

How can I avoid stomach bloating? Is there any permanent solutions.

Could you please tell me what are side-effects of doing nights shifts for long time periods and how can side-effects be minimized.

Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
PPI medication and probiotics

Detailed Answer:
Long night shift is not a problem.
But inadequate sleep and improper food intake can worsen acidity issues.
Good sleep of at least 6-8 hours and food on time are important.
You can take the following for your symptoms.

1. C.Sompraz L 1-0-0 before food for 4 weeks.
2. C.VSL#3 1-0-0 for 4 weeks.

Dr.R.K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T