Suggest remedies for stiff neck, chills, sweating and stiff knees

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Infections
Question: I have been under the weather since last Thursday. It started out as a very stiff neck while driving home. It has turned into chills, sweats, very stiff knees hands and wrists. When I cough or sneeze it feels like my head is going to pop. I will add that I am currently working as a construction worker in an active hospital. Could I have picked up something there? I did and am seeing a chiropractor for the neck but the rest doesn't make sense.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Work place could have been the possible source of infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

I can certainly understand your concern.

As per your given history, the possibility of acquisition of infection from the work place is high.

Considering your symptoms, it's advisable to rule out chest and sinuses infection via an x ray chest and a CT scan of the paranasal sinuses.

Further management if any is based on test results.

Meanwhile, I advice oral pills of tab Allegra once a day for 5 days.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these pills.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng