Suggest remedies for soreness, pain and swelling in pinky toe in left foot

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 22 Apr 2016 in General Health
Question: I have a very sore pinky toe on my left foot. When I wear shoes it is so painful that I can't focus and end up limping. I have soaked it numerous times in warm water with Epsom salts but that doesn't seem to be helping.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need work up and supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Sore pinky toe on one side with pain and swelling is likely a local cause mostly some trauma that led to this. I would like you to go beyond epsom salt and warm water. Get an xray of that food, an MRI of that foot if needed, get evaluated for any fracture of the metatarsals. Also they will evaluate the vascular or neurological causes underneath this pain.

To me it looks like some joint / bone problem and i believe some NSAIDs painkillers and some topical massage and rest will help. Keep the limb elevated and see if it helps. talk to your doctor and let them have a look.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan