Suggest remedies for small red dots under the skin

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,
A few weeks ago i noticed this rash(pictures attached).
It only occures in that exact spot, in a circular form, just tiny red dots under the skin in a cluster, and then small individual red dots on the rest of the arm. It only appears on my left arm, doesn't itch at all, and goes away after a few days but ive been noticing it coming back over the past few weeks, can you help me?also, i am currently on a birth control calles Tri-Lo Sprintec, not sure if that makes a difference
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Capillaritis, undergo certain tests

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photographs and you have developed capillaritis.
It occurs due to leakage of blood in the skin.
It has multiple causes like minor trauma, any bleeding disorder,thyroid disorders and sometimes even without any cause.
I would recommend you to rule out these causes by undergoing the following tests: bleeding time, clotting time, blood platelets, thyroid function tests.
If these come out to be normal you don't have to worry and just take tablet vitamin C 500 mg once daily for 2 months as it helps in strengthening of the blood vessels.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 hours later
Does it matter that it always appears on the exact same spot on my arm every time?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't change diagnosis or make any significant difference

Detailed Answer:
It doesn't change the diagnosis or make any significant difference.
It might be due to the weak capillaries over that particular spot or due to some repeated unnoticed trauma on that spot.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T