Suggest remedies for small itchy bumps on the forearms

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have broken out with small itchy bumps on my forearms that itch very badly. They start off as circular little patches of bumps and then the bumps become more and more. I have a gum infection I am taking Penicillin for however this has happened before I've taken the medication. This break out first happened last year and I was able to suppress it with Oregano oil. I saw the doctor but the infection was gone and it just left scaring so he gave me an ointment for the scaring but not for the infection.

When I scratched them last year their became a lot more. My arms became swollen and even started to secrete a little pus. I wanted to know if this is something related to my gums or not. Also if I take a blood test will lit let me know what is wrong
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this rash that you have reported and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. I have reviewed the information and would like to inspect an image of this rash. This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response to you after reviewing what is unique to you. However, initially description of this rash is very suggestive of a probable allergy. After reviewing an image, more insights and guidance would be provided.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 hours later
Thank you very much for the quick response.

I have never had any allergy before that I know of and there is nothing new in my diet.

However I have had allot of fermented food latly.

I have no other signs of fever or pain. The itch is very intense and if I scratch at all there become a lot more bumps.

I have been considering many possibilities. Like parasites, bacterial infection, etc. I hope it is something less serious like allergy.

They only appear on my arms. Last year was the first time it happened and I was unaware so I scratched them and they appeared alll over both of my arms on the inside and out.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Good day,

I just realized that this break out happened last year at the same time id did this year and I did have one thing new in my diet which was seaweed. I have been eating a lot of sushi with seaweed and I do not normally eat sushi. At the time of the last break out I was having a good amount of sushi as well. The only thing that is different in the sushi that is not normally in my diet is the seaweed wraps, maybe this could be the allergy. If so, how could I tell if it is or is not, thank youu again for your help!

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
I have reviewed these images!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed these images and this is suggestive of an allergy. At this time, stop consuming more sushi and we would see how this play out. If this doesn't happen again, then that is the most likely cause.

Take Benadryl, 3-4times a day to relief yourself of the itches. There is no need for any further aggressive medical intervention unless something else comes up.

I wish you well.