Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedies for sleeplessness

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
i am 36 years old and i am suffering from light sleep and repeated thoughts during sleeping.please suggest the aways or remedies to my problem
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Insomnia Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. For improving sleep you need to follow certain steps mentioned in the sleep hygiene. The specific ones are as follows: 1) Have some aerobic workouts during day preferably in the morning. 2) Have a light dinner. 3) Completely avoid coffee/tea/alcohol/energy drinks/coke/smoking. 4) Have a warm water bath before going to sleep. 5) Dont try very hard to go to sleep. If you are not sleepy then sit on a couch or sofa and do some reading and go to the bed only when you are sleepy. 6) Avoid watching tv or working on laptop/computer or bright screens at night. 7) Keep the lighting of your bedroom dim and make your bed every morning after you wake up so that you get a cozy bed to sleep at night. 8) Use your bedroom only for sleeping and resting and do not do any other work there. 9) Avoid afternoon nap for any reason. Still if the problem persists then you may have to take some prescription medicines like zolpidem or clonazepam to improve your sleep for a few weeks. Zolpidem needs to be taken at 10mg and clonazepam will have to be taken at 0.5mg at night. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor