Owl Image

Suggest remedies for skin rashes on the leg of a child

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is 1.8 year old and recently seen some skin rashes on one of her leg. Image is attached for your reference.Myself and my wife both get Eczema kind of rashes especially during winter. For us doctor told it is because of the dry skin. I wanted to check if the rashes on my daughter is also kind of Eczema or something else. We are moisturising her daily after seeing it.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Apply some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and have checked the attached images. I understand your concerns. It could be due to dey news of skin but could be associated with an an allergic reaction. Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or loratidine which are prescription medicines) should help. You could also apply some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.