Suggest remedies for skin rashes on legs and torso

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My sister is paralyzed from the neck down a result of ALS. She has a skin rash in the creases where her legs meet the torso. she has been on several antibiotics, and has tried cortisone creams. Nothing has given her any relief, do you have a suggestion.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please post some photos.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Besides antibiotics and topical use of cortisone creams, systemic corticosteroids, (metil-prednisolone, dexamethasone et.) could be used to improve the skin rash if there are no contraindications.

It is more probably contact dermatitis that is causing the rash, but it is necessary to post some photos, or to consult with a Dermatologist in order to have a correct diagnosis.

Discuss with your sister's Doctor about the corticosteroids use and dosage.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad