• question-icon

Suggest remedies for skin infection on face and scalp

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had some type of skin infection for the past 3 years.On my face and scalp only.No where else on my body.Have beed to numberous doctors and dermatoligists.Creams and lotions are of no help.On this site I can feel like lines going from one lesion to another.The medical people seem to think it is being caused by stress.Thanks XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a few images and provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted yoir concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few images so that i am able to guide you better. You may upload images at "Reports Section"

Also let me if you have any symptoms like pain? Itching? What medication was prescribed to you? What diagnosis was provided to you? Were any investigations performed?e.g skin biopsy?

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Ok I will have to get my list of meds I have tried.Yes a skin culture was performed a few weeks ago.They found a skin disease and said anti biotics should clear this up.500 mg of Keflex for 10 days.No help.I will have to get you the pictures.When I send all this ,should I direct them to you personally?

No pain,just some itching sometimes.Clears up then comes back at different parts of face and scalp.

This rash is on my forehead and scalp and beside my left eye.The leisons are circular mostley and will bleed if I itch them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mail me images

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You may upload images either at "Reports Section" Or you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of this mail as Attention:Dr.kakkar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist