Suggest remedies for skin allergy

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hello Doctor,
I have been suffering from allergy for the past 5 years. Whenever i eat potato, itching starts slowly on hands and spreads all over body in next 2-3 days. I get relief only after taking Cetrizine. I am taking one tablet of Cetrizine once in a week. Apart from Potato, I am allergic to Egg also. I am also suffering from gerd. I have been taking Eltroxin 100mcg one tablet daily for hypothyroidism. But still I feel fatigue. I am also taking Telma 40 once a day for high blood pressure. Can u please suggest some remedy for my problems.
Thank u.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should take combination of antihistamine and anti allergic drugs daily.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Best treatment for allergy is identification of allergen and if possible complete avoidance of it.
Since you are knowing that you are allergic to potato and eggs, best treatment for you is to stop eating eggs and potato.
If you don't want to stop eating them, then you should take combination of antihistamine (levocetrizine or fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) daily at night time.
Also let me know
1. When did you check your thyroid function test lastly?
Please reply me answer of above asked question, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 45 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
My Tsh and Vitamin D levels are normal.
Apart from potato n eggs, there are some more unknown items to which I am allergic and as such I need to take cetzine tablet once a week to get relief. My BP is 135/90.
Please suggest tablets ( brand name) for allergy, heartburn and to lower BP and guide how n when to take them.Also please suggest one good multi vitamin tablet.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please let me know where you are living so that I can tell you brand names

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I will definitely tell you brand names of all these drugs but first let me know where do you live so that I can tell you brand names which are easily available at your place.
Do you live in India?
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 37 minutes later
Dear Doctor, I live in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take pantocid DSR for reflux, Allegra M for allergy.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
It's good that you are living in XXXXXXX
You will get these drugs easily over the counter.
1. Take tablet pantocid DSR twice daily on empty stomach.
2. Take Allegra M (fexofenadine and montelukast) once a day at night before bed time.
I don't think you need antihypertensive drug at present.
130/90 mmhg is not an indication for starting antihypertensive drug.
First let me know your age, weight, any family history of hypertension or not then I will guide you about antihypertensive drug.