question-icon

Suggest remedies for shoulder pain post an injury

Posted on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Question: Slipped on stairs and landed on my bottom and my left shoulder. Now my shoulder is causing me pain lifting things, stretching out. Even bending over hurts it. Since ive fallen my bum doesnt hurt but my right hip does instead. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would suggest you to get x rays of shoulder

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case and I think you should getx rays of shoulder as you have mentioned that you are having difficulty in lifting shoulder.There can be hair line fracture. For hip pain I would suggest following.
1.ice fomentation
2.tablet Brufen 400 mg twice daily.
3.volitran gel local application
4.rest
I hope your hip pain will Improve in a week. Please share your shoulder x rays with me. That will help me in guiding you further about it.
Thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement