Suggest remedies for shortness of breath and lack of energy

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What might be the cause of shortness of breath, occasional balance problem, lack of energy. I have had a lung X-ray, colonoscopy, endoscopy, liver biopsy, innumerable blood tests, two CAT scans. These tests were all done due to an unexpected elevation of my liver enzymes. They seem to have come down from, at one point 400 to the last blood test (3 weeks ago) to 61...still high but improved. I have colitis...but I have no regimen prescribed to help any of my symptoms. I live at 6000 feet and have for 25 years...I'm 86. My husband died 2 and 1/2 years ago of pancreatic cancer and I have had considerable stress since then. My main concern is my shortness of breath and light headedness. This condition is beginning to impact my daily routine. My primary physician is stumped...
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have you ever undergone PFT?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I want to rule out bronchitis in your case.
And bronchitis needs PFT (pulmonary function test) for diagnosis.
You have not mentioned about PFT in the tests list you have gone through.
So better to get done PFT first.
Also let me know if you have checked for 2d echo.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.