Suggest remedies for shooting pain in the ankles

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: husband having shooting pain in ankle area what can we do
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

NSAIDs like meloxicam or diclofenac can be given orally. If there is no relief then injectable NSAIDs in addition to tramadol can be used for pain relief.

Cause of the pain should be determined. x rays AP and lateral views can be advised to rule out a fracture of the malleoli commonly associated with twisting ankle injuries. Physiotherapy can also be useful in this regard.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil