Suggest remedies for severe tooth pain while on Moxikind

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: Hi, I am having cavities on my left corner tooth since last few days having severe pain but as was travelling in remote area had Combiflame. Today I contacted my dentist and he suggested me Moxikind cv 625 & ericoflam but even after 2 hrs of taking medicine the pain didn't reduce do he ask me to take T. Ketorol Dt (5) now but after 4 hrs my pain started again and finally I took combiflame. Is it going to give any side effects of all so many medicines. Pls reply me. Regards
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tooth needs treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

As per your explanation if you have severe pain in tooth then taking painkillers will provide temporary relief only.

If there is deep in tooth then you should get an X-ray of the tooth done followed by treatment as per the condition of the tooth..

If tooth can be saved Root Canal Treatment can be done but for gross decay extraction is advisable..

Taking any medications in excess can cause side effects and as you are taking painkillers too frequently, it can definitely cause harmful effects..

You have mentioned Ketorolac DT (5), does that mean you have taken 5 tablets or is it 5 mg, as it is commonly formulated as 10 mg, so please confirm.

Please revert back with answer

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 3 hours later
Thank you doctor I had taken ketoroloc St only 1 tablet by mistake I wrote 5. The pain is not reducing can I take one combiflame in morning too... Pls reply
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Yes, you can take Combiflam and along with it you can apply clove oil over the tooth or bite over a clove as it is also helpful..

You can also take Ketorol DT every 4 hours but do not exceed 40mg in a day..

Please write back for more queries..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana