Suggest remedies for severe swelling and bruising in knee post an injury
Soft tissue injury likely.
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
The severe swelling and bruising is suggestive of a hematoma formation. Since there is no acute pain a bone injury is not likely. The swelling can be due to a soft tissue injury or injury to internal structures of the knee joint like ligaments or menisci.
It is best to give your leg a rest and keep it elevated on two pillows till the swelling decreases. Do consult an orthopedician for an MRI scan for proper diagnosis and management.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
what conditions could cause inability to lift lower leg straight forward from knee and knee to buckle inward ?
Can be ACL tear.
Thanks for writing again.
Inability to lift lower leg straight forward can be due to anterior cruciate ligament tear or a meniscus injury. An MRI scan is needed to find out the location and extent of injury you have suffered.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ankle swelling after knee injury
- Swelling of knee after injury
- Knee bursa injury swelling
- Severe knee injury swelling has subsided persisting water blisters remedy
- Knee bruising without injury
- Treatment for pain bruising swelling after knee injury
- Knee swelling without injury
- Knee injury with foot swelling
- Bruised knee and swelling after an injury is it serious
- Suggest treatment for knee injury