Suggest remedies for severe sun burn on the back
my back itching. Is this a normal occurrence and what do you recommend I do to help relieve the itching?
I have 2.5%hydro cortisone. Should I apply the cortisone ointment, go to the dermatologist, or is there something else you recommend?????
Steroidal cream, antihistaminic tablet & sunscreen
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply steroid cream like clobetasol propionate cream or betamethasone cream on the sun burn area twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching for 7-10 days.
This will resolve the burn and the itching.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this apply a high SPF sunscreen lotion on the entire sun exposed area at intervals of 3-4 hours during the day time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for severe back pain
- Suggest remedy for chronic back pain
- Have severe front and back hip pain suggest remedy
- Severe back pain not able to help myself suggestion
- Severe back spasms lower back
- What is the suggested remedy for severe back pain
- Severe back and neck problems taking oxycodone suggestions
- Have severe back headache suggest
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Is there any remedy for severe itchy back